photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Color Dose: Oxblood

Hello, LDV readers!  Kelly here with another edition of Color Dose.  Without a doubt, one of the 'it' colors in fall fashion is oxblood (or burgundy, if you prefer.)  It's all over fashion blogs and magazines and I've become quite the fan. The last time this color was popular, it often paired with forest green and mustard yellow (which is now considered dated.)  To incorporate it into a modern day aesthetic, I suggest pairing it with shades of gray, or even (gasp!) pink, which is my favorite unexpected pairing.  Here are a few pieces that will give your space a chic dose of this sophisticated hue.

inspiration image via coco + kelley

5 comments:

frances said...

Hi I dont know if you are aware of this but I found your blog on a site called paperblog...it may be you posting on this site..but yesterday my daughter found her blog posted illegally on this site...you may want to check it out...as soon as she complained they shut down the blog..hope it helps. Frances

frances said...

forgot to mention it is listed under the name smallshop

Unknown said...

Hi Frances! Thank you for the heads up. I'll be sure to check the site for any suspicious activity. I've had something similar happen before and it is so frustrating.

Deana said...

I love this color. It really does look amazing with pink!

Deana
www.tesoribelle.com

Dawna Jones Design said...

Now back to the oxblood,I love this color and think it would be so sophisticated used on a tufted leather sofa!!!!
http://www.dawnajonesdesign.com/