photo home-76.png photo about-71.png photo contact-65.png photo press-19.png photo LDV.png photo services-7.png

Friday, June 19, 2009

Fabulous Room Friday: 6.19.09

I'm currently loving this chic bedroom by Courtney Giles of Atlanta. The moody grey walls look fabulous against the deep orange of the beautiful headboard and bedskirt. I also love the multitude of patterns used in this room. Normally, I wouldn't think to do zig zag, gingham, and greek key all together, but not only does it work...it looks fantastic! I love that the bedding and drapes are very simple. The fact that they are understated keeps the room from being over the top.


The mix of styles, along with the use of new and antique furniture really works here. I think the key to making this room successful is the limited color palette with the mix of patterns.

The plate wall looks great and isn't something I would have thought to use in a bedroom.
I am not 100% sure, but I am inclined to say that the image above this caption and the one below, are both of what the room looked like before. You have the same plate wall, same layout, same chair, lamp, and paint color.

Do you like the before or after better?

All images via Courtney Giles Interiors

18 comments:

LindsB said...

I think I like after, just because of the headboard. It also happens to be orange, my favorite color. I'm really liking the wall color too.

Brunch at Saks said...

I love the after! Oh and that zebra rug is SO lovely! Happy weekend :) XO

band said...

I love the after. It seems so "you", Paloma! Have a lovely weekend.

Kylie
xxx

Unknown said...

now i want to re-do my room...again!!
xoxo

Alicia B. Designs said...

Great one! I love the plates on the wall and the clean look of it. The zig zag rug is one of my favorites. Happy Friday!

Jennifer said...

haven't ever seen the "before" images -- good catch! I think it's a great room -- lots of ideas to immulate :)

Camille said...

Love the greek key accent pillow! thats one of my favorite looks right now. What a beautiful room.

Chic Coles said...

I agree with you, pairing the zigzag with the gingham and the greek key all together was something I didn't think would work, but this "after" room is awesome!! Thanks for this post!

Dana said...

I love the first set of pics... but i'm a sucker for antiques... what is the paint color for the walls and what kind of finish? anyone know?

Yansy said...

i can't stop drooling about this room. Thanks for posting it.

Verdigris Vie said...

I would have to say before.. I am all about classic style. the headboard and that antique dresser are wonderfully original. And I like the mix of bold patterns for interest

Porchlight Interiors said...

I absolutely love the colour of the walls! Everything else is just a bonus! Tracey xx

Jaime Rogers said...

I prefer the after, just feels a bit more current and while the antiques may be pretty, personally, I am not a fan of "sets", so was glad to see the set broken up and the best piece, the chest, used in the "after" shot. Btw, the black bedside chest is a DOXA Home piece, available in multiple finishes if interested, http://www.doxahome.com/product_p/737.htm.

My Galveston Cottage said...

I like the After with the contrasting headboard against that great color. cheers, -susan

Sarah Greenman said...

The gray on the wall is gorgeous. I might be making a trip to the paint store this weekend.

Jessica said...

After, definitely. I love how the upholstered bed plays up the antique hutch. And those cornices are divine!

Habitually Chic said...

I was so happy when Courtney finally finished her website so I could share her amazing designs with everyone. Glad you liked them too!

Daly Essentials said...

this room is really gorgeous -- I'm such a sucker for grey walls!! I think I prefer the after --- I like the headboard - and something just feels a little more balanced with the wall decor.